What you will learn
- How to use online tools and social media like Facebook and Twitter safely and with confidence as well as understand the issues.
- Different ways of contacting others for help and advice through use of technologies like Instant Messaging and discussion forums.
- Make use of free services like Skype to video-call family and friends, so that you can keep in touch wherever they live.
What is a forum?
The DISCOVER forum is an online discussion area where you can talk to others and share information in the form of posted messages
What if I'm no good at using computers?
DISCOVER offers a host of activities for different skill levels and learning needs. So, whether you're a beginner, intermediate or experienced computer user, DISCOVER caters for you.
Why it's good to talk
- Learn and share experiences with other carers
- Ask questions and get advice
- Talk about issues that matter most to you
- Share what's on your mind day or night with people that understand
Our DISCOVER online forum and chat room provides a secure and safe place where you can ask questions and get advice from other members of the Skills Zone.